The Balloon Tree is a local independent business which prides itself on employing those from the local community.
We offer a flexible, nurturing and varied working environment where you are respected as a person and not just an employee.
We currently have several job opportunities available at the moment, which are listed below. Please feel free to complete the application form, clearly stating which position you are applying for, and email it into firstname.lastname@example.org with an up to date CV attached.
Front of House Assistant
The Balloon Tree Cafe is looking for additional front of house staff to join our friendly but hard working team. We have part time (20-25 Hours) and full time (30+ hours) positions available, with regular opportunity to pick up more work. (over 18s only)
The ideal candidate will show enthusiasm for all things hospitality.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Ensuring a positive customer experience from start to finish
- Ensuring customers receive the warmest welcome possible
- Ensuring all stages of service are carried out appropriately and in a timely manner
- Preparing Barista style drinks and speciality teas
- Hold a customer focused approach
- Barista skills preferred but non essential (all training will be given)
- Be able to work efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Be able to work as part of a team, but prioritise work by needs of your customer
This position includes NO EVENINGS and SOME but not all weekends.
Rate of Pay – £6.83 to £9.50 per Hour plus Tips
The Balloon Tree Kitchen is looking for a Kitchen Assistant to join its well established team.
This role will see the candidate:
- Preparing and serving food for customers in our Café
- Assisting the Chefs in day to day kitchen service preparing food for upcoming menus and specials
- Maintaining high hygiene and cleanliness standards
- Preparing ready meals and deli salads to be sold through the Farm Shop
Although experience is preferred, it is not essential. However, those applying must have the ability to work within a fast paced kitchen environment and maintain our high standards of work under pressure.
There are part time (25 hours) and full time (40 hours) available.
This role is day time shifts only and includes SOME but not all weekends.
Over 18s Only
Rate of Pay – £9.50 to £10.50 per hour (dependent on experience) plus Tips.
Pick Your Own Assistant
Fancy working on that summer tan whilst getting paid for it?
We are on the look out for a couple of enthusiastic individuals to operate The Berry Barn during the school holidays and weekends. This would start from the Easter Holidays (9th of April) through to the end of Summer.
The ideal candidates will enjoy working outside, be able to create a great customer experience and be self motivated.
The main bulk of the role will be overseeing the safe operation of our jeep track, serving refreshments from The Berry Barn and processing payment for our Pick Your Own Fruit
The role may also include some light hands on farm work, potentially helping Farmer Will harvest fruit for the farm shop, or plant up our next crop of strawberries
With the role predominantly being independent, we are initially looking for team members 17 years and older.